Historically – and despite our best endeavours – patients who fail to cancel unwanted appointments (Did Not Attend or DNA) amounted to an average of 7% of all appointments booked. Failure to release an unwanted appointment denies it to another patient who would very much like to book it themselves.
That was bad enough, but in April, it rose suddenly to 14%.
We write to patients who DNA a lot of their appointments and if they persist, are removed from the patient list and need to register at another practice.
A reminder that you can cancel by:
* Accessing our automated service (Patient Partner) 24 hours a day by dialling 0118 958 2525 option 1, then option 1 again. Follow the instructions for entering your date of birth and phone number, following both by the star key.
* text ‘cancel, your name, date of appointment’ to 07522 294416
* e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* Calling the surgery on 0118 958 2525 during surgery hours.
* We also send out two text reminders: on the day of booking and 24 hours before your appointment. Please ensure we have your up-to-date mobile number.
Your cooperation in helping use utilise valuable NHS resources is very welcome.