Practice CharterOUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
– We will treat you with courtesy, respect and sensitivity at all times.
– We will endeavour to maintain the highest standards of medical practice at all times.
– We will keep your consultation, computer and written records confidential.
– We will provide you with emergency care promptly when you need it.
– We will endeavour to offer all patients access to a doctor within 2 working days, although it will not always be possible for this to be with the doctor of your choice.
– We will arrange a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
– Patients will receive a full and prompt reply to any complaints they make about NHS services.
– We will try and deal with any problems or complaints promptly.
– The practice will inform patients of services available by means of its leaflet, website and notice boards.
– You have the right to see your medical records.
– Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you.
– We will try to answer the phone promptly and to ensure that there are sufficient staff to do this.
– Results of investigations are important. You will normally be told how you will be informed of results. If you do not know, please check with reception to see whether you should make an appointment.
Please help us by
– Arriving promptly for your appointment.
– Cancelling any appointment you do not need so that someone else can take your place.
– Please treat the staff with courtesy and respect.
– Please phone before 10.30 am if you need a home visit.
– Ordering your repeat prescriptions in plenty of time.
– Switching off mobile phones while on the premises.
– Providing us with any change of address, telephone number or name so that our records are kept up to date.
– The practice has a No Smoking policy within the building. Visitors must not bring drugs, alcohol or dogs (other than guide dogs) onto the premises.
– The Practice has a Zero Tolerance policy to any form of abuse. We ask that you treat everyone in the practice with courtesy and respect at all times.
– Asking for more than one appointment if you want more than one patient seen. If we are running late your patience would be appreciated.