1. GP recruitment
We are still endeavouring to recruit more GPs, and thank everyone for their patience while we do so. Shortages of GPs is a national issue, but it is a top priority for us.
2. Mutual Respect & Zero Tolerance policy
A reminder that the practice will not tolerate any form of verbal or physical abuse which includes shouting or raised voices and any form of disrespect. All staff work under stressful conditions in endeavouring to provide patients with the best possible healthcare and managers are happy to listen to your concerns if you wish.
3. We send out automated text reminders – at the time of booking and 48 hours before the appointment. An unwanted appointment can be cancelled by simply replying ‘cancel’ to the text reminder. It’s always worth checking if we have your up-to-date mobile number. If it has changed, just email email@example.com There has been an increase in the number of patients failing to cancel unwanted appointments, so your cooperation would free up unwanted appointments for use by other patients. Thank you to those patients who regularly use this easy-to-use facility.
4. MASTA Travel Clinic: Did you know that we run a travel clinic here at Grovelands? From vaccinations, to advice to our award-winning Travel Health Brief, MASTA’s expertise is second to none. Alongside our NHS vaccinations programme’s we offer a one-stop-shop. Call MASTA Reception on 0330 100 4292 which is open Mondays & Tuesdays 2:00 – 6:00 and Wednesdays to Fridays 8:30 – 12:00.
5. Each year, we average 234 missed appointments per month, equivalent to 8½ lost work days for a GP. We endeavour to offer our patients appointments at times that suit their needs, and the missed appointments significantly reduce our ability to achieve this.
We have an online booking service called “Patient Access”, which enables our patients to book, change or cancel appointments; order repeat prescriptions; or send us messages. If you are interested, please register via our website – the home page ‘book an appointment’.
You can also cancel by:
o Using Patient Partner – our new touch tone system on 0118 958 2525
o Responding to our automated text reminders
o text ‘cancel, your name, date of appointment’ to 07522 294416
o E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
o call the surgery on 0118 958 2525 to cancel – a voicemail takes messages evenings and weekends.
6. New members of the team
Sophie, Kelly, and Holly have joined our reception team.
7. Changes to Prescriptions Management / Patient Access
Please see the News item on our home page for important information to making it easier to process repeat prescription requests.
8. Charges for private & non-NHS work
Please see information under ‘Clinics and Services’ for relevant charges, which are a guide. For exact charges, please ask reception.
If there is anything you would like updates on or if you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com