We are closed on Monday 28 August for the bank holiday. A list of pharmacies open for the bank holiday is here 2017 August Posters – Berkshire
We are holding two walk-in clinics on Saturday 7 & 21 October.
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
– are 65 years of age or over
– are pregnant
– have certain medical conditions
– are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
– receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
If you have any questions, please ask reception.
From June 2017, you will need a battery book in order to obtain hearing aid batteries.
How do I get a battery book?
• By sending your details to: Batteries, Audiology 3, Royal Berkshire Hospital, London Road, Reading, RG1 5AN
• Or emailing your name, date of birth/address with a subject ‘Battery Card’ to email@example.com
• By attending the reception desk in Audiology 2, Royal Berkshire Hospital
• Collecting one at your next visit to the drop-in repairs and maintenance clinics
What are the benefits?
• The Battery Book will help ensure that batteries are reaching the right people. We have seen an increase in people requesting batteries to power privately-purchased hearing aids
• To ensure they reach you in optimum condition. Regular supply is helpful to avoid stockpiling of batteries. Few people know that keeping batteries for prolonged periods or in wrong conditions can increase the risk of faulty cells
• By adopting the Battery book, you can help preserve NHS battery provision in the community and sustainability of this service
Changes to Prescription Management Policy
Would you like to save time requesting and collecting your prescriptions?
We are moving to electronic requests for repeat prescription requests within 6 months. The benefits to you are:
• You can request your prescriptions from home or via an app – saving you a visit to the surgery.
• The process is quicker and more streamlined, saving us all time.
In order to do this, please register for Online Patient Access by bringing in Photo ID to reception.
This service also allows you to book appointments and view your medical records online.
We also want all patients to move to the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). This allows the surgery to send your prescriptions direct to a nominated pharmacy.
The benefits to you are:
• You do not have to visit the surgery to collect your prescription – saving you time both in travel and
waiting in reception
• No risk of losing paper prescriptions
• Pharmacies have longer opening hours – therefore you have greater flexibility in when and where you collect
Please ask reception for a form to choose your nominated pharmacy.
Grovelands Medical Centre will no longer be booking the non-emergency patient transport service (NEPTS) for patients.
This can now be booked by patients directly through contacting 0300 100 0015.
You can then manage your booking through the Patient Zone of the website NEPTS
The advantages to this for you as the patient are as follows:
• You can manage your own bookings
• You can check the journey status
• You can receive SMS text notifications of your booking and journey status
• You can ensure that the personal and medical information provided to the service is accurate
Please note that you will need to meet the NEPTS eligibility criteria.
For further information please visit the latest information in the NEPTS service at the Patient Zone section of the website NEPTS.
For quality and patient safety, calls to and from the practice are recorded.
We are pleased to announce that the Care Quality Commission has rated our services as Good across all indicators.
Many thanks to those patients who contributed your comments to the CQC via the comments box in reception.
A copy of the full report is
Text messages are sent after patient consultations with their GP or nurse, asking whether you would recommend us to friends and family.
In July, you rated us with 100% patient satisfaction, and in August, it was 94% satisfaction; September 92% satisfaction; October 92% satisfaction; November 96% satisfaction; December 88% satisfaction
January 2017 82% satisfaction; February 84% satisfaction; March 84% satisfaction; April 87% satisfaction; May 82% satisfaction; June 85% satisfaction; July 90% satisfaction
The detailed reports are here:
iPlato FFT report Jul 2016
iPlato FFT report Aug 2016
iPlato FFT report Sep 2016
iPlato FFT report Oct 2016
iPlato FFT report Nov 2016
iPlato FFT report Dec 2016
iPlato FFT report Jan 2017
iPlato FFT report Feb 2017
iPlato FFT report Mar 2017
iPlato FFT report Apr 2017
iPlato FFT report May 2017
iPlato FFT report June 2017
iPlato FFT report Jul 2017
We encourage feedback from all our patients via any format you prefer; this website, email, letter or in person.
It is now local NHS policy not to issue NHS prescriptions for medications that can be purchased from a chemist.
If you would like any clarification about the details, please ask at reception.
Historically – and despite our best endeavours – patients who fail to cancel unwanted appointments (Did Not Attend or DNA) amounted to an average of 7% of all appointments booked. Failure to release an unwanted appointment denies it to another patient who would very much like to book it themselves.
That was bad enough, but in April, it rose suddenly to 14%.
We write to patients who DNA a lot of their appointments and if they persist, are removed from the patient list and need to register at another practice.
A reminder that you can cancel by:
* Accessing our automated service (Patient Partner) 24 hours a day by dialling 0118 958 2525 option 1, then option 1 again. Follow the instructions for entering your date of birth and phone number, following both by the star key.
* text ‘cancel, your name, date of appointment’ to 07522 294416
* e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* Calling the surgery on 0118 958 2525 during surgery hours.
* We also send out two text reminders: on the day of booking and 24 hours before your appointment. Please ensure we have your up-to-date mobile number.
Your cooperation in helping use utilise valuable NHS resources is very welcome.